Health and Safety
We are committed to the highest standards of Health and Safety performance and actively work to a programme of continuous review and improvement. SWM’s culture embraces Health and Safety through:
- The generation of a robust and comprehensive health and safety policy which is reviewed at least annually
- The creation of suitable and sufficient risk assessments and safe systems of work designed to eliminate or reduce workplace hazards, as far as reasonably practicable
- Staff development and competence through training, information and instruction
- Consultation and safety communication delivered via a number of different mediums to ensure the message is clear, understood and heard
- Performance monitoring, auditing, inspection and regular review of sites, operations, policies and procedures with recommendations for corrective actions and /or improvements.